- Occurs when someone retains a benefit like money from another person when fairness and justice require giving restitution to the party that conferred the benefit
- A principle that ensures fair treatment by demanding an equitable solution for someone who has suffered harm due to another person's unjust retention of a benefit
- The court ordered the businessman to pay back the funds, citing unjust enrichment.
- Unjust enrichment became the main grounds for the lawsuit when the company refused to return the overpayment.
- To avoid accusations of unjust enrichment, the nonprofit promptly returned the unexpected extra donation.