- This refers to the action where someone wrongfully stays in possession of property, even after the lease agreement has expired
- This term can also be used for a legal action taken to correct an unlawful detainer, aiming at returning the property back to its rightful owner
- The tenant faced an unlawful detainer case due to staying in the apartment past the lease period.
- To regain possession of his property, the landlord initiated an unlawful detainer action against the occupant.
- After several warnings, the property owner had no choice but to bring an unlawful detainer case against the non-compliant tenant.