- A decision or action that goes above and beyond what is generally acceptable or justifiable
- Something that is noticeably inappropriate, excessive, or harmful, either by extent or type
- A state where the action or decision lacks proper justification, given the facts or circumstances at hand
- A situation where actions are not backed by legal support, like a warrant, or allowable exceptions to a warrant, and is hence constitutionally incorrect
- The client claimed that the landlord's eviction order was unreasonable, as it was issued without a proper reason.
- Her lawyers argued that the punishment was unreasonable, considering the minor nature of the offense.
- The court ruled the police's search of the house as unreasonable as it was conducted without a valid warrant.