- Lacking any form of security or guarantee
- Not having assurance of payment, performance, or satisfaction underpinned by any form of property or interest provided as a safekeeping
- Defined by an absence of security or any property pledged or given to provide safety or surety
- The bank was hesitant to offer an unsecured loan due to the high risk involved.
- Although the return on unsecured investments can be high, they also carry significant risk.
- The lender issued an unsecured credit card, taking on the risk in the hopes of higher returns.