- A person who possesses the right to use and enjoy the profits and advantages of something belonging to another individual
- Pertaining to or involving a right by virtue of which one can use, profit from, and enjoy someone else's property without degrading it or diminishing its substance
- The tenant was a usufructuary, whose rights were limited to using and benefiting from the landlord's asset.
- Under the agreement, the organization retained usufructuary rights to the building seriously limiting the range of the decisions the new owner could make.
- Mary's usufructuary rights to the forest land allowed her to collect wood for her personal use as long as the forest was not harmed in the process.