- The geographic location where the incident that is the subject of a legal case occurred
- The specific location or district where a trial is conducted and from where the jury is selected
- A declaration proving that a legal case is being presented to the appropriate court or authority
- They had to change the venue of the trial due to concerns about finding an unbiased jury in the original location.
- Only in the correct venue can the case proceed to trial.
- The defense attorney argued for a change of venue due to extensive pre-trial media coverage.