- The individual who is second in command to a president, and is typically responsible for taking over the president's duties in case of their absence or removal from office
- A person who holds a position beneath the president within an organization with specific areas of responsibility, such as managing a location or overseeing a function like sales
- In the absence of the president, the vice president stepped in to preside over the meeting.
- The vice president of sales announced the company's impressive growth figures for the past fiscal year.
- After his successful work on key projects, he was promoted to the position of vice president in charge of technology.