- A specific area or region
- The location where a crime occurred and from where a fair jury is chosen for the accused, as stated in the Sixth Amendment of the U.S. Constitution
- The area where individuals must avoid causing harm to others while enjoying their rights to immovable property ownership
- The vicinage clause requires the jury to be selected from the area where the crime occurred.
- The definition of a property's vicinage may include immediate neighbors and the surrounding community.
- The respective vicinage expects the homeowner to respect the neighborhood and not to cause any disturbances.