- The portion of liability that a person involved in a joint responsibility, like a business partner, carries
- The liability amount that a debtor has under a united responsibility. This obligation might stem from a contract or a quasi-contract. Each participant has an equal amount of responsibility unless a different arrangement was established or a court ruling decides otherwise
- A quantified responsibility dependent on the involved party's proportionate fault. This responsibility occurs when the obligation is due to a wrongful action such as negligence, or a quasi-wrongful action
- The contract stipulates that the virile share each business partner holds is fifty percent, equally dividing the responsibility.
- In cases of negligence, determining the virile share of each party would require examination of their proportionate fault in the incident. .
- Through a court ruling, the company was deemed responsible for the full virile share of the losses due to the breach of contract.