- An action or decision that is made from personal free will and not due to external force or deception
- An act that isn't mandatory by law, but stems from a personal decision or mutual agreement
- A conscious decision or action made with full awareness of its potential consequences
- A choice or action that is purposefully made with clear intent
- An act or decision that doesn't involve any substantial or specified reward, or is made for a nominal reward
- The charity accepts voluntary donations from the public.
- Signing the agreement was a voluntary act by the parties involved.
- The employees participated in the clean-up drive on a voluntary basis.