- A specific area or section within a city that is used for political representation, voting, or administrative tasks
- An individual, usually a minor or someone incompetent, who is under the legal supervision of a designated guardian
- An individual, typically incapacitated, who receives protection either directly from a court or via a court-appointed guardian
- The residents of the ward held a meeting to discuss community problems.
- After her parents' death, she became a ward to her aunt who was appointed as her legal guardian.
- Due to his inability to take care of himself, the court declared him a ward and assigned a guardian to manage his affairs.