- A guarantee provided in a property deed by the seller to the buyer, allowing the buyer to obtain compensation if someone else claims ownership of the property
- A guarantee attached to a sale or lease contract, ensuring the buyer that the product or service is as it was described and providing the buyer recourse if it's not
- A written affirmation, usually provided by a manufacturer, asserting the quality of a consumer good and the manufacturer's obligation to fix or replace defective components
- A declared assurance in an insurance agreement by the policyholder, stating a fact about the subject or risk covered by the policy exists or will exist, or confirming a related action has occurred or will occur
- The home seller didn't disclose any latent defects in the property, violating their warranty to the buyer.
- The car manufacturer honored its warranty by replacing the faulty engine parts at no charge to the customer.
- In his insurance policy, he affirmed by warranty that there had been no previous damage to the insured property.