- The act of damaging or destroying property that is committed by an individual with a lesser stake in that property, often leading to harm to another person who also has a stake in the same property
- A decrease in the value of assets, such as within a trust, due to neglect or mismanagement
- The lessee is being sued for causing waste of the rented property.
- The trustee's mismanagement led to waste, significantly reducing the value of assets in the trust.
- After years of neglect, the property fell into a state of waste.