- A certification of a fact or occurrence
- Proof provided through signature, oath, or seal to affirm the credibility of a legal document or transfer
- A person who provides testimony about specific events or facts under investigation
- An individual who is asked to be present during a legal transaction to confirm its execution
- The provision of evidence or confirmation
- The act of serving as a corroborator or observer
- The act of observing and signing a legal instrument to validate its execution
- The official act of observance and testimony in matters such as transactions or enforcements of legal penalties
- The act of personally experiencing or observing an event
- The act of noticing or recognizing
- The act of providing evidence or testifying
- Refers to an object or place used to define a precise boundary point, especially when marking the point directly is not feasible or possible
- The notary asked Jane to witness the signing of the legal document.
- The boundary stone serves as a witness for the exact property line.
- The attorney called in a witness to testify about the events that occurred during the incident.